Many elementary teachers today are likely the girls who lost interest in STEM between grades 4 and 8.
- STEM Graduate Certificate. For teachers in the field - be prepared to address new STEM education standards in your classroom.
- STEM Undergraduate Certificate. For teachers to be - elementary education majors leave St. Kate's as confident, competent STEM teachers.
- EcoSTARS. Future teachers, practicing teachers and St. Kate's faculty working together in area schools.
- STEM Minor. A 5-course science, technology and engineering curriculum that complements any major at St. Catherine University.
The National Center for STEM Elementary Education is a proud partner of 100Kin10, a national movement to
(1) increase the supply of excellent STEM teachers;
(2) hire, develop, and retain excellent STEM teachers; and
(3) build the 100Kin10 movement.
The National Center for STEM Elementary Education, in partnership with the Education Department at St Catherine University, is pleased to announce a STEM mini-grant program for education alums. The University will award four grants of $250 each to enhance implementation of STEM teaching in the K-6 classroom. Click here for the application.